Friday, October 17, 2008

Fan the Flames Prediction: Lafayette

This is a pretty important game for the Flames. Lafayette is 4-1 and is right on the cusp of being ranked. This game could be a big game for the Leopards but I think its even bigger for the home team as a loss here would be absolutely devastating. Lafayette has yet to score 30 points this season (they last did against Holy Cross last season) while Liberty has scored at least 30 points in all but one game this season and only failed to score 30 twice in the last 17 games. Additionally, (completely off the wall stat alert)Liberty has won 42 consecutive games at home when scoring at least 30 points. The last time they lost? November 2, 1991 against James Madison University (current #1 team in the land in I-AA/FCS football). I think that the Flames need to again get off to a fast start and I think that Rashad Jennings has a chance to put himself at the forefront in the Payton Award talk with this game. When I originally made my prediction on Flamefans (http://www.flamefans.com) I had this game picked 28-24. After doing a lot of reasearch this week I am going to adjust it a bit and say that LU keeps all their streaks going and gets a key win.


Liberty 35
Lafayette 20

No comments: